19 of 25 photos
Thumbnails
Info
Photo Info

Dimensions4800 x 7200
Original file size16.1 MB
Image typeJPEG
Color spacesRGB
Date taken8-Sep-16 16:01
Date modified27-Dec-16 17:34
Shooting Conditions

Camera makeCanon
Camera modelCanon EOS 7D
Focal length29 mm
Max lens aperturef/4.2
FlashNot fired, compulsory mode
Exposure bias0 EV
Exposure modeManual
Exposure prog.Manual
ISO speedISO 200
Metering modePattern
The Chapel

The Chapel

Mission San Carlos Borromeo del río Carmelo, also known as the Carmel Mission or Mission Carmel, is a Roman Catholic mission church in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California It is on theNational Register of Historic Places and a U.S. National Historic Landmark. The mission was the headquarters of theA;ta California missions headed by SaintJunipero Serra from 1770 until his death in 1784. It was also the seat of the second presidente, FatherFermin Francisco de Lasuen.
The mission buildings and lands were secularized by the Mexican government in 1833, and had fallen into disrepair by the mid-19th century. They were partially restored beginning in 1884. In 1886 it was transferred from the Franciscans to the local diocese and has continued as a parish church since then. It is the only one of the California Missions to have its original bell tower dome.